The National targets include:
1. Ban the export of waste plastic, paper, glass and tyres, commencing in the second half of 2020.
2. Reduce total waste generated in Australia by 10% per person by 2030.
3. 80% average resource recovery rate from all waste streams following the waste hierarchy by 2030.
4. Significantly increase the use of recycled content by governments and industry.
5. Phase out problematic and unnecessary plastics by 2025
6. Halve the amount of organic waste sent to landfill by 2030.
7. Make comprehensive, economy-wide and timely data publicly available to support better consumer, investment and policy decisions.